The 2nd Annual Grand Slam Classic was a success!
We are proud to say that the 2ndAnnual Grand Slam Classic at Poppy Ridge on March 16, 2018 was a success.
All proceeds from the Grand Slam Classic will benefit the athletes of Livermore Girls Softball, the ONLY girl's softball organization in Livermore. We provide a fun and positive experience for more than 450 girls, and we are proud to be able to offer a level of competition that suits the needs of every athlete and their family. As our league continues to grow, so does our need for team equipment, field equipment, and fields themselves. Monies raised will go to several areas:
- SCHOLARSHIPS– We use funds for scholarships for those families who otherwise could not afford to have their child play. We have never turned a family away due to financial hardships. We simply won't deny a child that opportunity.
- SAFTEY– At Livermore Girls Softball it is a priority to keep our athletes safe. These girls play hard, so we are lucky if catcher's gear makes it through two seasons. Every team is provided with catchers gear (along with a bucket of softballs, cones, throw down bases - basic necessities a team requires), and we had 40 teams last spring alone! Player equipment isn't the only thing that keeps our players safe; it also takes good field conditions to do so. For that we need our own maintenance equipment as well.
- A PLACE TO PLAY– Our league is growing, and we love it! However, there simply aren't enough fields for our softball players and 2-3 teams often share ONE field. Our goal - though it will take some time - is to be able to build a field complex. Our athletes NEED and DESERVE a permanent place to play. We hope to set aside some of the proceeds in an effort to build a softball complex for our future athletes.
Ready to find out more?
Check out our event website for additional details
LGSA Partners with YSPN360
We’re always looking for ways to improve your experience here at LGSA. In that spirit, we have partnered with YSPN360.com which is a website dedicated to the development of players, parents, and coaches. With a membership to YSPN360.com, you have 100% free unlimited access to all of their softball instructional and educational content.
Their softball coaching staff includes:
- Mike White, Head Coach, U. of Oregon
- Kelly Ford, Head Coach, Cal-State Fullerton
- Lonnie Alameda, Head Coach, Florida State
- Tripp MacKay, Hitting Coach, U. of Texas
In addition to this content, they cover sports and everyday nutrition needs, sports psychology, sports performance information, injury awareness and prevention content and they even have a family and marriage therapist on staff.
We also decided to partner with YSPN360 because they just launched a new fundraising program, In It to Earn It™, exclusively offered to local level non-profit youth sports organizations like ours. In this program, they will donate $0.50 for each and every one of us that signs up for a FREE YSPN360.com membership. That’s right, it costs us nothing to use the service. Then, beginning in April, we will share in their advertising and sponsorship revenue based on our usage of their site. The more we use it and benefit from it, the more our league receives. We’re very excited about this opportunity as you can image.
Please use code 00111, when signing up as this will credit our league. If we can get just 1 person from each family to sign up, LGSA will receive $200 donation. Anyone with an email address can sign up.
This service is free and it literally only takes 2-minutes to sign up, we’re asking all of our families to immediately sign up for their free membership.
Please log onto www.yspn360.com/registra
Note that your personal information will not be sold by YSPN360.
- Please check back for upcoming events.